an introduction to petmillions.com
petmillions is the worlds premier pet photo contest, where every month, members will battle it out to gain entry into our Grand Final for a chance to win up to $1,000,000! They must use use their skill to gain as many votes possible for each of their pets entered into the contest. petmillions supports leading animal charities, and we aim to donate a total of over $600,000 to our animal charity partners.
|petmillions press releases
|you can read our press releases here.
|find out what the rest of the world is saying about us here.
petmillions industry facts
although we are a nation of petlovers, there are still exceptions to the rule. petmillions aims to help all those animals who's only voice is through the amazing work that our charity partners undertake. You can find more pet facts at http://www.lifestylepets.org.
- 39% of U.S. households own at least one dog. There are approx 65 million owned dogs
- 2004 America pet owners spent an estimated $34.3 billion on their pets, a large majority of this due to dog fencing
- 18% of owned dogs & 16% of owned cats were adopted from an animal shelter
- 34% of U.S. households own at least one cat. There are approx 77.6million owned cats
- ¼ of all households on Australia own a Cat!
- The global pet food market is highly competitive and lucrative. In the UK alone it is worth close to £2billion
- 6.1m dogs are kept in households throughout the UK
- 7.5m cats are kept in households throughout the UK
petmillions statistics and demographics
our contest is open to over 18's, however we are aware that the concept will attract a younger audience. through our registration we will segment users by gender, location & age (Under 18, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45+).
though our registration system, we will acknowledge a parent opening a membership on behalf of their child. there are opportunities to target this market. our audience is roughly split by
traffic stats will be announced shortly
petmillions advertising and sponsorship
we offer advertising in the following channels;
- site header (except homepage for new users) - 728x90 leaderboard
- account login 120x600 sky and 300x250 mpu
- entry form submission page 300x250 mpu
- voting page left and right aligned sky scrapers 120x600 and right up to 160x600
- sub pages (about petmillions, charity partners, voting help and faq's) 120x600 sky and 300x250 mpu
- internal messaging system inclusion on our HTML email sent through our unique messaging system, which must be opened before a user can access their 'account area' and check on the status of their entries.
- solus HTML email sent through our unique messaging system, which must be opened before a user can access their Account Area and check on the status of their entries.
- bespoke deals we offer customised takeovers of the petmillions homepageand voting pages, please contact us direct.
please use this contact form to get in touch